|Country of Manufacture||India|
|Origin State / Province||Manipur|
- Manipuri Black Rice / Chakhao / Chak Hao
- Contains 0.5 kgs
- 100% Organic and Carbide Free
- Unpolished and Naturally grown.
- Manipur black rice, popularly known as ‘Chakhao’, a scented glutinous rice which has been in cultivation in Manipur over centuries, is characterised by its special aroma.
It is normally eaten during community feasts and is also served as Chakhao kheer.
Chakhao has also been used by traditional medical practitioners as part of traditional medicine.
It has high antioxidant quotient which boosts immunity levels and help your body stave off various ailments and infections better. The antioxidants also help discard toxins from body.
Studies have revealed eating black rice can also help keep some dreaded ailments at bay.
- India: 15-20 Days
- Other Countries: 30-40 Days
- Unpolished and Naturally grown. Whole grain traditional Black rice from Manipur, India with high dietary fiber and nutritional value
- Gluten free & Diabetic friendly. Forbidden Black Rice is a medium-grain, non-glutinous heirloom rice with a deep purple hue and a nutty, slightly sweet flavor.
- Health Benefits: It has high antioxidant quotient. Antioxidants boost immunity levels and help your body stave off various ailments and infections better. The antioxidants also help discard toxins from body. Studies have revealed eating black rice can also help keep some dreaded ailments at bay.
- The texture of black rice is a bit heavier as compared to other varieties of rice but its natural flavour is rich and sweet. It has a pleasant, nutty flavour, best enjoyed with coconut milk and in sweetened desserts, particularly rice puddings. Black in colour when harvested, once cooked it turns deep purple
- Black rice takes longer to cook than white rice so to cut down on cooking time, soak it overnight or much before you start cooking.
Write Your Own Review
- 10-15% size and finishing variation can not be a reason for claiming exchange/return or refund.
- Any exchange/refund will be processed, only if:
- There is visible damage in the product.
- Product delivered is completely different from what was ordered.
- Any exchange/return claim should be initiated within 5 days of receiving the product.