|Art/Craft Name||Mata Ni Pachedi|
|Color Type||Natural Dyes|
|No. of Pieces in the Set||2|
|Country of Manufacture||India|
|Origin State / Province||Gujarat|
- Hand-painted Mask
- Handpainted with Mata Ni Pachedi Art of Gujarat
- Set of 2 Masks
- Free Size, can be used by Male, Female and Kids
- 100% Handloom Cotton Fabric
- 100% Natural Colour used
- Double Layered
- Hand stitched and Hand Painted by Rural Artists from Gujarat
- Within India: 15-20 days
- Other Countries: 30 days
Mata ni pachedi literally means “behind the mother goddess”, and is a cloth that constitutes a temple of the goddess.
This art is practised by the Vaghari community, one of many communities of India worshiping the Mata. The imagery displays the Mata as central, dominating figure, seated or standing on a throne or animal, brandishing a weapon to ward off the purveyors of evil. Accompanying imagery is taken from narratives from religious epics such as the Puranas.
Mata Ni Pachedi is also known as the 'Kalamkari of Gujarat', owing to its similarity to the Kalamkari technique practiced in Southern India.
Write Your Own Review
- 10-15% size and finishing variation can not be a reason for claiming exchange/return or refund.
- Any exchange/refund will be processed, only if:
- There is visible damage in the product.
- Product delivered is completely different from what was ordered.
- Any exchange/return claim should be initiated within 5 days of receiving the product.