|Art/Craft Name||Tikuli Art|
|Color Type||Enamel Paint|
|No. of Pieces in the Set||4|
|Curator||Ashok K Biswas|
|Country of Manufacture||India|
|Origin State / Province||Bihar|
- Handcrafted Tikuli Art Painting
- Set of 4 Beautiful Paintings
- Diamond Shape
- Made by Traditional Rural Artists
- 100% Handmade & Hand Painted
- Madhubani Art from Odisha, India
- Made on Medium-density fibreboard (MDF)
- Every piece is unique in its own way
- India: 10-14 days
- Other Countries: 25-30 days
Tikuli Art originated from Bihar state, which has been present for more than 2000 years, in the form of Cottage industries in Patna City (old Patliputra). Around 500 families, comprising Approx 5000 people were associated with this art.
Since the time, we have more clear references, Glass material was used for this. This cottage industry was growing very fast until Mughal era. When British came to India, due to industrialization, the whole process was done by using machines. Because of this the demand for original Tikuli art made with gold foil started going down and machine made Tikuli started to grow fast.
Later Tikuli Art was made using wood and enamel paint. As time passed, hard boards came to the market and the wood was replaced by hardboard to make Tikuli Art. This again changed with time and now MDF is being used as base material for making Tikuli Art along with enamel paint.
The main goal of Tikuli art is to make beautiful artistic designs that can also depict a story or any scene, especially from mythology. Nowadays Tikuli art is more focused on using famous Madhubani art from Bihar and adding minute detailing into the painting,to make it look more beautiful.
- 10-15% size and finishing variation can not be a reason for claiming exchange/return or refund.
- Any exchange/refund will be processed, only if:
- There is visible damage in the product.
- Product delivered is completely different from what was ordered.
- Any exchange/return claim should be initiated within 5 days of receiving the product.