|Art/Craft Name||Khovar Painting|
|Color Type||Natural Dyes|
|No. of Pieces in the Set||1|
|Country of Manufacture||India|
|Origin State / Province||Jharkhand|
The Khovar painting made in the bordering areas of Jharkhand, West Bengal and Orissa and considered as the old age tribal painting of India. Khovar refers to the decoration of the marriage chambers.
The Khovar painting made in the bordering areas of Jharkhand, West Bengal and Orissa and considered as the old age tribal painting of India.
Khovar refers to the decoration of the marriage chambers, and idepicts the animals and plants of neighbouring forests and valleys. The name Khovar is derived from two words: kho or koh (meaning: a cave) and var (meaning: husband). Symbolizing fertility, the mural-making takes place each spring during the marriage season.
The marriage season runs from January until the onset of the monsoons in June. It is in these months that Khovar designs are painted by the mother of the bride and other women of the villages as part of their traditional matrimonial ritual, where the marriage rites are performed and the newly-wed couple will sleep. This special area of the house is painted and decorated. Mothers pass on to daughters down countless generations the skills and motifs to create murals.
- 10-15% size and finishing variation can not be a reason for claiming exchange/return or refund.
- Any exchange/refund will be processed, only if:
- There is visible damage in the product.
- Product delivered is completely different from what was ordered.
- Any exchange/return claim should be initiated within 5 days of receiving the product.